Last Revised: November 9, 2020
- International. Personal information collected by Argentine may be stored and processed in your region, in the United States, and in any other country where Argentine or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers operate facilities. Those countries may have different data protection laws and regulations from those that apply in your home country. By accessing or using the Service, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your home country. Please be aware that the governments, courts, and law enforcement, security or agencies of a particular jurisdiction may be able to obtain access to or disclosure of your information as permitted by the laws of that jurisdiction.
HOW ARGENTINE COLLECTS AND USES INFORMATION
- Information That You Provide Directly. In general, Argentine receives and collects all information you provide via the Services, including through website input fields (including advertisements), phone, email (including email campaigns), web chat, or in other such ways. This includes personal information that can identify or relates to you, including but not limited to your first and name, physical address, property description, email address, billing contact, payment account information (e.g., credit card and bank account information), telephone number, password, IP address and other information. Argentine may retain any messages you send through the Service, and Argentine may also retain other information you voluntarily provide to Argentine. Argentine use this information to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functions of the Service, and as further described below. You have the choice on what information to share and the services you want to engage. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to access certain functionality of the Services, such as those mentioned above or for tracking your preferences, subscribing to a newsletter, or initiating other such actions.
- Information Collected or Received from Third Parties. Argentine also may periodically receive information about you and your property from affiliated entities, partners, third party business associates, and other independent third-party sources, and publicly-available sources and will add it to our database of information. For example, we may receive information about your interaction with advertisements on third party websites, including updated physical addresses and demographic information. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party services before linking or connecting them to the Service.
Argentine may use some or all of the Google Analytics Advertising features described at https://support.google.com/analytics/topic/3413645. For more information about the types of information that Google Analytics may collect and the ways in which that information may be used, please see https://analytics.google.com/analytics/.
- Cookies. When you visit the Service, Argentine may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer that uniquely identify your browser and enhance your navigation within the Service. A cookie may also convey information to Argentine about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take), and allow Argentine or Argentine’s third-party business associates to track your usage of the Service. There are at least two different types of cookies: persistent and session cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions for removal of cookies. A session cookie is temporary and is deleted after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
- Log File. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you access or use the Service, Argentine’s servers may automatically record certain log file information, such as your web request, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links within the Service, domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed.
- Clear GIFs/Web Beacons. Clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) allow for the tracking of a user’s response to an email or usage of a website in a manner that does not reveal personal- information. Argentine may use clear GIFs or similar technologies to assess responses to emails and usage of the Service. For example, Argentine may use clear GIFs to track when emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. You can disable the ability of clear GIFs to capture information by blocking cookies.
- Device Identifiers. When you access or use the Service using a mobile device, Argentine may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device that uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may consist of data stored in connection with the device hardware, operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Argentine. A device identifier may convey information to Argentine about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device to enhance your navigation within the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Advertising Identifiers. Advertising identifiers are unique strings associated with your mobile device that are provided by the operating system. Advertising identifiers may be modified or disabled by users in the device operating system’s settings.
- Location Data. When you access or use the Service, Argentine may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your device. Location data may convey to Argentine information about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the site, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- Commercial Communications. Argentine may use the information Argentine collects or receives to communicate directly with you. For example, Argentine may use the information to send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. Argentine may also use the information to send you service-related notices (e.g., account verification, technical and security notices).
- Use of Certain Service-Type Information. Argentine may use information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear GIFs to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (ii) provide custom, personalized content or information; (iii) monitor the effectiveness of the Service; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics, such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; (vi) provide advertising to your browser or device; and (vii) conduct research or surveys.
- Use of Information with Your Consent. Argentine may use your information for any other purpose for which you provide consent.
- Account Login. If you have an account with the Service and log in while you access or use the Service, the information described above may be collected and maintained in a manner that associates such information with your name or contact information.
HOW ARGENTINE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Business Change. If Argentine becomes involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of Argentine’s business otherwise changes, Argentine may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with such transaction or change in ownership, including as part of the due diligence process conducted by the parties to a potential transaction.
- Sharing Information. Argentine may share certain service-type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear GIFs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks) with Argentine’s third-party business associates for the purposes described in the section titled “How Argentine Collects and Uses Information.” Argentine may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally-identifying characteristics and share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- Personal Information You Post in Public Areas. When you post a message in an Argentine forum, chat room, review, or customer feedback, the information you post may be accessible to other users of the Services and the public. If you post personal information anywhere on the Services that is accessible to other users or the public, you are advised that such personal information can be read, collected, used, or disseminated by others and could be used to send you unsolicited information or for other purposes. Accordingly, you assume full responsibility for posting such information and agree that Argentine is not responsible in any way for personal information you choose to post in these public areas.
- Aggregated Information. We may publish, share, distribute, or disclose personal information that has been aggregated with information from other users or otherwise de-identified in a manner that does not allow such data about you to be separated from the aggregate data and identified as originating from you, to third parties, including Argentine partners, sponsors, and advertisers. Such information may help Argentine identify and analyze training, demographic, and psychographic trends and information, and report to third parties how many people saw, visited, or clicked on certain content, areas of the Services, ads, or other materials. We may also use such data for research purposes.
HOW ARGENTINE STORES AND PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
Argentine takes physical, technological and administrative measures to protect the personal information you provide through the Service against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. For example:
- we transmit data over secured communication channels using SSL Login credentials,
- all personal information is stored by trusted third party providers (e.g., Airtable),
- all systems used to provide the Services are password protected, and
- all Services usage is restricted on a per-user basis on the principle of least privilege.
We rely on Airtable’s security programs to protect personal information while stored in their respective controlled facilities. For more information on Airtable’s security practices and processes, please see https://airtable.com/security
Argentine complies with applicable data protection laws, including applicable security breach notification requirements.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Argentine cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Argentine or guarantee that information within the Service will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Communications sent to or from the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to Argentine via email.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- Controlling Your Settings. You can limit your browser or mobile device from providing certain information by adjusting the settings in the browser, operating system or device. Please consult the documentation for the applicable browser, operating system or device for the controls available to you. You can also stop receiving promotional emails from Argentine by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. Note that unsubscribe is not available for certain emails concerning your relationship or dealings with Argentine.
- Targeted Advertising. Argentine uses third-party audience data from Google Analytics such as age, gender and interests to gain a better understanding of its users and their interests. Argentine may also work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads within the Service or other websites or resources because Argentine uses services from Google and other similar companies to target our ads based upon information Argentine or such service providers have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These service providers also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on Argentine ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of Argentine’s marketing efforts. You can learn more about targeted ads and your choices to prevent third parties from delivering targeted ads to your browser or device by visiting https://adssettings.google.com/, www.networkadvertising.org/choices and http://optout.aboutads.info/. You should be aware that even if you opt out of targeted ads, you may still see ads within the Service, although the ads may not be tailored to your interests.
- Do Not Track. At this time, Argentine does not recognize “do not track” signals sent from web browsers. Third-party services that Argentine uses may collect personal information about individual users and their activities over time and across different websites. In some cases, you may be able to disable tracking mechanisms, but doing so may disable certain features of the Service. To disable tracking, please consult the documentation for your browser, operating system or device. For some devices, it may not be possible to disable tracking mechanisms. Certain Analytics Tools used by Argentine in connection with the Service may provide you with the means to opt out of certain forms of tracking, as discussed in the pages linked below.
HOW LONG ARGENTINE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
The Service is not directed to children, and you may not use the Service or provide any personal information to Argentine if you are under the age of 13 or if you are not old enough to consent to the processing of your personal information in your country.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND SERVICES
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with Argentine is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding Argentine’s disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, Argentine will provide to you via email a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately-preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by Section 1798.83’s requirements.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can call us at (888) 200-4896, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Argentine LLC, Attn: Privacy Dept., 615 S River Rd., Unit 170, Tempe, AZ 85281. Depending on where you are located, you may also have a right to complain to your local data protection regulator.